Friday 15 November 2013

Alice Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Summary from Goodreads

Zombies stalk the night.
Forget blood and brains.
These monsters hunger for human souls.
Sadly, they've got mine...


Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong. After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her. Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do very wicked things. She s never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her... from everyone. Now, with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole s secret and learn to fight the darkness.

But the clock is ticking...and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed.



My Review

Alice in Zombieland was easily one of my favourite reads of last year, so I was extremely excited to pick up this follow-up!

I certainly wasn't disappointed, Gena Showalter's plot thickened and we were taken on another highly charged journey, that took my emotions on one hell of a ride. I adore Gena's writing style and the beautiful way she conveys emotion managed to shatter my heart more than once throughout this story. 

The storyline picks up right after the events of the first and we were immediately thrown into action and danger. With the arrival of 2 new characters, Ali and Cole's relationship takes quite a battering. They have so many battles in their love life to face, as well as the zombie threat! Ali also struggles to deal with her new...nature, which ends up putting everyone in danger more than once.

Cole is on high alert for the spy in their mist and I adored the whole mystery surrounding the story. There is battle after raging battle scene, which was very exciting but at times I was like, Really? Again?

The characters in here are all very interesting and very individual. Obviously I favour Ali and Cole, who I think really developed as characters here. But all the secondary characters play a very exciting part in the story. I love watching Kat's hilarious to and fro with Frosty and their on - off relationship.

Alice Through the Zombie Glass is a very unique zombie tale that most definitely stands out from the crowd. It is tense, kick-ass and fantastically played out. Things have been set up wonderfully for what I expect will be awesome things to come in the next book....which I am already super excited for!

4 / 5 Stars!

*Thanks to Mira Ink & Netgalley for the review copy*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)