Friday 1 November 2013

Zom-B Angels by Darren Shan‏

Summary from Goodreads

After spending the last few months wandering around London--a city filled with the dead--B Smith has given up hope for any sign of normal human existence. But then B finds strange signs all over the city--a "Z" plus red arrows. Following them, B finds The Angels-- a group gathered in the hopes of combating the evil dead and the forces that introduced them. But all is not as it seems and it's up to B to find out: what battle are they truly waging?

Hardcover, 240 pages
Published June 20th 2013 by Simon & Schuster (first published June 1st 2013)  
 
My Review
 
Zom-B Angels picks up right after the big annoying cliffhanger at the end of Zom-B City!

Darren Shan takes us yet again to another new environment, which is even more interesting and in-depth than the last. We get some much needed answers and some of the revelations blew my socks off!

We are introduced to some fabulous new characters, but in particular I loved the intriguing Dr Oystein - who seems to hold all of the answers in the palm of his hands. I found myself wanting to hear all he had to say, the way in which he revealed things slowly drove me insane though.

B is thrown into Dr Oystein's little haven and she has to hit the ground running. She has a lot to discover and explore to get the answers she so desperately seeks. The revivalised here are called Angels and are trained hard on a daily basis by a tough master. But will B even choose to stay? Could she ever pass the tests needed to become an Angel?

I liked so much about this storyline, especially the complexity that has now been added with the big revelations. But it has to be said, on a personal level, I didn't like the (as I call it) 'God card'! It didn't overpower the storyline or anything but it's just something that personally I'm not a fan of.

Things have left off so brilliantly for more awesome things to come in the next book, Zom-B Baby - which I have already read and is bloody brilliant!! Gimme more....

3 / 5 Stars!

*Special thanks to Simon Schuster for the review copy*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)