Saturday 5 July 2014

On the Cover #49


On The Cover is a feature I am going to doing every now and again. I will pick one book cover that sticks out, is really interesting or just beautiful - I particularly like a book cover that has a stunning landscape.
 
I think the cover of a book is very important, it's the first thing a person sees and some of the time it's the reason why a person will pick a book up and read the back. I will just pick a book that catches my eye from throughout the week.
 
So come on Book Cover Lovers, share with me your favourite book covers.

My Pick This Week:

The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black


Summary from Goodreads

Children can have a cruel, absolute sense of justice. Children can kill a monster and feel quite proud of themselves. A girl can look at her brother and believe they’re destined to be a knight and a bard who battle evil. She can believe she’s found the thing she’s been made for.

Hazel lives with her brother, Ben, in the strange town of Fairfold where humans and fae exist side by side. The faeries’ seemingly harmless magic attracts tourists, but Hazel knows how dangerous they can be, and she knows how to stop them. Or she did, once.

At the center of it all, there is a glass coffin in the woods. It rests right on the ground and in it sleeps a boy with horns on his head and ears as pointed as knives. Hazel and Ben were both in love with him as children. The boy has slept there for generations, never waking.

Until one day, he does…

As the world turns upside down, Hazel tries to remember her years pretending to be a knight. But swept up in new love, shifting loyalties, and the fresh sting of betrayal, will it be enough?


Paperback, 272 pages
Expected publication: January 6th 2015 by Indigo
 
My Thoughts
 
This cover is just darkly beautiful. I adore the striking style of writing and the gorgeous coloured butterfly. I just know that this is going to be one of those ones that will look so much better in your hands. Plus have you read that summary? Can't wait! 

Have you seen any beautiful covers on your travels this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)