Monday 28 April 2014

Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (review re-post)


Summary from Goodreads  

Their love has just begun. Now the end of days is coming . . .

Ethan Wate is in love with a Caster girl.

When he looks at Lena, it's like there's no one else in the world.


But Ethan is mortal, and on her seventeenth birthday Lena made a choice that changed everything. The girl Ethan loves has broken the world with the supernatural powers she is struggling to control . . .

Now, if they are to fix the chaos Lena has caused, one of them must make a terrible sacrifice. Sometimes there isn't just one answer. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

Paperback, 516 pages
Published October 18th 2011 by Penguin Books
 
My Review
 
The Caster Chronicles are one of my favourite series of all time, then I read Beautiful Chaos and fell in love all over again with the whole world. I love all the characters, and I really care what happens to nearly each and every one of them. The plot-line was beautifully written and engaging from start to finish, and WOW what a cliffhanger at the end, I need another fix soon.

The story follows on where Beautiful Darkness leaves off. Lena and Ethan are trying to deal with the aftermath that the missing John Breed has left in his wake. Lena is still struggling to control her supernatural powers. They all start to school, which is you can imagine is eventful with Riley starting too. Link is getting all the attention from all the girls, which is going to cause World War 3 where Riley is concerned.

Everything is dying in Gatlin with the scorching heat and everyone's powers are out of wack, it is all a fallout of Lena breaking the balance. Amma has went off the deep end, she is using darker methods to ensure something, but as always there is a price to be paid.

Ethan has been hearing his shadow song again, he needs to figure out what it means and fast if he hopes to save the town and the ones he loves.

This book is so full of ups and downs and twists and turns, I was happy and teary throughout. The story develops so well and Lena really comes into her own. We get to hear from the darker characters more and get a bit more back story about some of them. Lena and Ethan's love has also developed, they are a joy to read about. I still can't get over the ending, I definitely have a love-hate relationship with the cliffhanger.

All I can say is what a fantastic read, I am so excited for the next, definitely a pre-order. There is not one thing about Beautiful Chaos that I didn't like. If you haven't already read The Caster Chronicles, you are seriously missing out, Go pick them up now. :)

I love all the characters but some of my favourites are:

Amma - Gosh, I love this woman, she makes me laugh so much, I wouldn't cross her, she is one fearsome lady.

Mercy, Prue and Grace - I love reading about their old fashioned way of doing things and the way they all bicker among each other. And of course their pronunciation of some words make me laugh out loud.

A five star read









(I had read and reviewed Beautiful Chaos so long ago but when asked to re-post my review to get readers excited for the upcoming release of Dangerous Creatures - how could I possibly refuse! One of my all time favourite series' - look out for my review of Beautiful Redemption next week)

Dangerous Creatures is available for preorder on Amazon here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)