Saturday 22 March 2014

On the Cover #48

On The Cover is a feature I am going to doing every now and again. I will pick one book cover that sticks out, is really interesting or just beautiful - I particularly like a book cover that has a stunning landscape.  

I think the cover of a book is very important, it's the first thing a person sees and some of the time it's the reason why a person will pick a book up and read the back. I will just pick a book that catches my eye from throughout the week.
 
So come on Book Cover Lovers, share with me your favourite book covers.

My Pick This Week:

 Sleepers (The Swarm Trilogy #1) by Megg Jensen


Summary from Goodreads

An adoptee raised in a foreign land, sixteen-year-old Lianne was content with her life as handmaiden to the queen, until a spell cast on her at birth activated. Now she's filled with uncontrollable rage and access to magic she thought had been bled from her people years ago. Even her years of secret training in elite hand-to-hand combat and meditation can’t calm the fires raging inside her.

Her heart is torn between two boys, the one she’s always loved and the one who always ignored her. But when the kingdom threatens to tear itself apart due to rumors surrounding the queen’s alleged affair, who will Lianne protect and who will she destroy?

Book One in The Swarm Trilogy


227 pages
Published July 20th 2011 by DarkSide Publishing (first published January 13th 2011)
 
Have you seen any beautiful covers on your travels this week?   

1 comment:

  1. I am really loving the Fairyland series covers, the newest one being The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland... :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)