Friday 4 October 2013

Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan‏


Summary from Goodreads

Emma leaves Weslyn and everyone in it behind to attend Stanford University, just as she always intended. A shell of her former self, she is not the same girl. She is broken, and the only way that she’ll be whole again is through forgiveness. Emma must find a way to forgive herself and recognize her own worth before she can receive the love she deserves. This final installment will have readers holding their breath until the very last page.

Paperback, 485 pages
Published July 2nd 2013 by Penguin Books
 
My Review
 
Out of Breath is a wonderful ending to what I think is a beautifully moving trilogy!

It picks up after that killer cliffhanger at the end of book 2. The emotion was packed into each and every page and I really enjoyed loosing myself in Rebecca's stunning words. Donovan writes crisply, everything is to the point, enchanting and I love nothing more that reading her work.

The storyline builds and builds until it reaches a crescendo and then the world falls down around Emma and the reader! I love Emma and I'm quite protective of her, it's weird because I don't usually feel that way about characters.

Emma can trust nobody and really you can't blame the girl. The darkness that surrounds her has taken hold, and to escape she needs to tackle her demons and her dark secrets or the darkness that surrounds her will consume her completely.....

This aching storyline dragged my emotions through the mill and had me routing for Emma all the way! There were good times along with the bad and I loved the little rays of sunshine that peeked through the gloom!

The romance was intense and Donovan has stepped up the steamy sessions by a couple of notches! Even though there were 2 romances, it didn't feel like an annoying love triangle!

This stunning final instalment is an absolute must read for fans of the trilogy. It is down-to-earth, utterly fearless and my favourite out of the 3!

4.5 / 5 Stars!

*Special thanks to Penguin for the review copy*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)