Wednesday 16 October 2013

Darke Academy: Blood Ties (Darke Academy #2) by Gabriella Poole‏


Summary form Goodreads

Suspense builds in the second tale of the Darke Academy, where true graduates take life by the throat

This term the secretive Darke Academy has moved to New York, and Cassie Bell is no longer the innocent new girl. Now she is strong, determined, and hiding secrets of her own. Cassie has been introduced to the world of the Few and is struggling to come to terms with her astonishing powers, a dangerous romance, and the malevolent spirit inside her, demanding to be fed. When an old enemy returns, bent on revenge, Cassie is tested to the limit. Can she rescue her friends from a horrific fate, or will she end up destroying them to save herself?


Paperback, 288 pages
Published February 4th 2010 by Hodder
 
My Review
 
Okay, I'll admit that I started this and the details of the last book were a little...shall we say....hazy! So I did have some confusion.

It took me a little while to get into this instalment, but when I did it was dark and highly intriguing! I really liked how dangerous the storyline was and how Cassie turned into a kick-butt character!

Gabriella Poole  has written this really well and I was always interested in  what was going to be lurking around every corner. The downfall for me was the disconnect from the characters. I didn't really click with them and I found the romance a little cold and forced and places.

The storyline follows Cassie Bell, in her second term at Darke Academy. After the explosive events of her first term, she will need a little time adjusting to her new life as one of The Few. But Cassie isn't just a normal member of The Few, she is a little different to say the least.

Cassie struggles with her new powers and her ravenous hunger. She has no time to adjust smoothly though, an old enemy with a score to settle turns up and starts trouble.

This is an action packed instalment that is full of surprises and dark moments. I'm extremely intrigued with the differences in Cassie and her wicked spirit and I'm very interested to see just how powerful she is when her full power is finally unleashed.

*Special thanks to Hodder for the review copy*

3 / 5 Stars
 


1 comment:

Talk to me lovely people! :)