Saturday 20 July 2013

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones


Summary from Goodreads

Welcome to the world of grim reaper extraordinaire, Charley Davidson. Try as she might, there's no avoiding her destiny.

Sometimes being the grim reaper really is, well, "grim." And since Charley's last case went so awry, she has taken a couple of months off to wallow in the wonders of self-pity. But when a woman shows up on her doorstep convinced someone is trying to kill her, Charley has to force herself to rise above . . . or at least get dressed. It becomes clear something is amiss when everyone the woman knows swears she's insane. But the more they refute the woman's story, the more Charley believes it.

In the meantime, the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, is out of prison and out of Charley's life, as per her wishes and several perfectly timed death threats. But his absence has put a serious crimp in her sex life. While there are other things to consider, like the fact that the city of Albuquerque has been taken hostage by an arsonist, Charley is having a difficult time staying away. Especially when it looks like Reyes may be involved.

Just when life was returning to normal, Charley is thrust back into the world of crime, punishment, and the devil in blue jeans in this hilarious fourth installment in the "New York Times "bestselling series from Darynda Jones. .



Paperback, 1st Edition, 320 pages
Published October 30th 2012 by Piatkus
 
My Review
 
Oh my God, I loved every single second of this 4th instalment! Darynda Jones upped the ante in this one and I flew through every page at a furious rate just because I was dying to know what was going to happen next!
 
This storyline picks up right after the big explosive events of the last book. Charley is still suffering from those events and she has become a bit of a recluse, with a bit of a buying problem!
 
Charley is forced to get a grip of herself when a new client, who has a death wish, lands on her doorstep! You know, I loved the case in this book, I found it really interesting and I really liked how Charley found it a tricky one - it definitely had a shocking outcome.....
 
Charley's personal life has really gotten a whole lot more dangerous (and that's saying something), the demons are out in force and getting deadlier with knowledge. Reyes can't possibly deal with them all, can he?
 
You know, Reyes Farrow is my guy *swoon*,  but I really like how Charley's head is turned by one HOT biker guy....
 
I say this every time - I love Charley Davidson! She is snarky, tough and super funny, she manages to make me snort out loud like an idiot! But in this instalment what I liked most about Charley was seeing her vulnerable side!
 
Darynda Jones has gone and wrote another winner that is full of mystery, explosive action scenes, kick ass characters, sizzling sex scenes, emotion and a story that holds on tight - I loved it!
 
On a tiny little side note: The rocking, kick ass guardian dog is awesome! She is slobbery, adorable and I think adds a little extra sparkle to Charley's crazy world!
 
5 / 5 Stars!
 
*Special thanks to Piatkus for the review copy*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)