Thursday 21 February 2013

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett


Summary from Goodreads

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make...

#1: I’m livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I’m allowed to be irate, don’t you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed gorgeous Jamie Forta, boyfriend of the coolest cheerleader in the school. Now she’s out for blood. Mine.

#3: But most of all high school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien…and now it’s a case of survival of the coolest.


Paperback, 266 pages
Published January 4th 2012 by Mira Ink
 
My Review
 
This is a beautiful story! I was emotionally involved and invested from the off! What I loved the most was main character Rose - I will be honest, at the start I didn't like her but I ended up loving her! She went through so much and was kicked while she was down but I was thrilled watching her grow and mature throughout the novel!

These days there is so much pressure on teenagers to have sex and Rose really isn't no different, her friends are all 'doing it', I was overjoyed Rose didn't succumb to peer pressure like the other teens in her school!

The storyline is an emotional roller-coaster but is real and current to whats going on in today's teens society! The writing is brilliant, on point and highly engaging - it really is a hard book to put down. There is also an amazing set of characters in here and they are a real mix of personalities that will entertain you throughout.

Rose hasn't had the best of years so far, her dad passed away, her brother left for college, her mums working most of the time and she has just started high school! Things start looking up when the super hot bad boy, Jamie *swoon* gives her a lift home from school!

Jamie has a scary girlfriend who is now out to get her, her best-friend is joining the cheer squad and and is talking about having sex, so Rose just feels so left behind and left out! She needs to try and claw her way up the social ladder or face being left out for good!

I loved everything about this down-to-earth book but the ending has a seriously annoying cliffhanger that has left me a little frustrated to be honest! I really hope there will be another book! All I will say paybacks a bitch!

I would of also have loved to know if Rose finished her dads web page, it may sound like a silly thing but I would really be interested to know!

If you are looking for a fast paced, emotionally charged book that is full of bitchiness, tears, boys and a lot of ups and downs - then Confessions of an Angry Girl is a book that I would highly recommend for you!

4.5/5 Stars

*Special thanks to Mira Ink for the review copy*

Carly :)




1 comment:

  1. I wasn't convinced this was for me when I first came across it, but all these positive reviews have me curious. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Carly! I'll have to try and finally pick this up sooner rather than later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)