Monday 17 December 2012

The Winter Sleepwalker by Joan Aiken & Quentin Blake


My Review

Wow, just wow! This is a really stunningly beautiful book that easily captures and holds the readers attention. Inside are 7 delightful short stories that are extremely imaginative and fabulously written! I loved each of them but my favourite would have to be Catch a Falling World because of it's funny little outcome! All of the stories are so different from each other, I loved the quirkiness but best of all I loved the illustrations! Quentin Blake's illustrations are easily recognisable because of his unique style, they are simply beautiful and tell a story all on their own! I'm not really sure what age range this book is aimed at but I would easily recommend it to adults and children alike. I read some of them to my 4 year old and she loved them! I definitely think this is a timeless book from a master story teller that will be read by people for many, many years to come! It's certainly one that I will treasure - a real keeper!

*Special thanks to Random House Children's Books for the review copy*

5/5 Stars

Carly :)

Hardcover: 128 pages 
Publisher: Jonathan Cape (25 Oct 2012)

Goodreads Amazon

3 comments:

  1. THis sounds like a really good holiday read. THanks for sharing Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Quentin's illustrations, too! They always remind me of Roald Dahl's books. Thanks for featuring this, I will keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review hun, not sure it's my thing but it's always interesting to see different things out there.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)