Sunday 9 December 2012

Bilbo's Last Song by J.R.R. Tolkien


My Review

Bilbo's Last Song is such a wonderful book for little ones! Everyone knows of the fantastic works by J.R.R. Tolkien, but it's hard to get twitchy little people to sit and listen to a novel! So this magical picture book is a brilliant introduction to Tolkien's work! It is a song and story all in one, we journey to the west alongside Bilbo Baggins while he makes his final journey. He reflects upon his wild adventures traveling the same route the first time round - in The Hobbit! This is so beautifully illustrated by Pauline Baynes who has masterfully captured the 2 journeys on each page, so you can reflect back yourself!

Bilbo's Last Song is a real keepsake that we will treasure for many years to come! We would easily recommend this!

*Special thanks to Red Fox for the review copy*

5/5 Stars

Carly


Paperback, 32 pages
Published October 25th 2012 by Red Fox (first published 1990) 
 

Amazon Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. Tolkein is one of my favourite authors, and this looks like something I would love to own! Glad you and the little one liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please see my review of J. R. R. Tolkien on my blog. I read a book by Mark Horne and it was interesting
    I will add this book to my TBR list. Thanks. Leona
    http://mnleona.blogspot.com/2011/08/review-of-j-r-r-tolkien.html

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)