Monday 12 November 2012

666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce


Summary from Goodreads

Jane thought she was living a fairy tale. Now she has to contend with burgeoning magical powers and a soon-to-be mother-in-law who is a witch ... literally

Welcome to New York City, where the socialites are witches.

Jane Boyle has been living a fairy tale. When her boyfriend Malcolm proposes, Jane can't believe her luck and decides to leave her Paris-based job as a fledgling architect and make a new start with him in New York. But when Malcolm introduces Jane to the esteemed Doran clan, one of Manhattan's most feared and revered families, Jane's fairy tale takes a darker turn. Now Jane must struggle with newfound magical abilities and the threat of those who will stop at nothing to get them.

Welcome to 666 Park Avenue....

Published August 2nd 2012 by Canvas 

My Review

666 Park Avenue pulled me right into it's dark, dangerous and very mysterious world from the off! I flew through the pages desperate to know what way the chillingly twisted plot was going to unfold! This book is jam packed with the most intriguingly complex characters, some of which you will love and others you will love to hate! Gabriella Pierce's writing style is brilliant, it grabs hold and doesn't let go until the very end, I also think her world building is superb and I think there is so much there to build upon in future books. I love it when an author can make you dislike some of their characters so much that you could see yourself swinging for them, lol! The only thing for me was Malcom, as much as I wanted to like him, I just felt a bit indifferent towards him as I felt like I didn't get to know him properly throughout the book. This is a wonderful first instalment from Gabriella Pierce and I beg everyone to read the book before watching the T.V. show!

Jayne Boyle is a witch, a new witch, but finding that out isn't as big of a shocker  as you would think, it actually explains some of the weird  goings on that happens when she is around. In a secret letter left to her Jane discovers that people will be trying to find her, to steal her powers and she will need to hide! What better way to do so than to run off with the super wealthy Malcom Doran who has walked into her life and managed to sweep her off her feet!

When Jane and Malcom arrive in the Doran mansion, she is welcomed into the family , who are like royalty, with open arms. But things quickly take a sinister turn and Jane quickly discovers that everything with the feared Doran family isn't what it seems.....

There are those out there who will stop at nothing to take Jane's magical abilities....

All I can say is WOW, what an ending! It is action packed, full of shockers, tension and lots of butt-kicking! I am dying to get my paws on the next book 'The Dark Glamour' as soon as possible as I am so excited to see we are going to be taken next!

*Special thanks to Canvas for the review copy*

4/5 Stars!

Carly :)

2 comments:

  1. I have all three of these books scheduled for January and I am looking forward to diving in, they sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come across this one a few times and have heard great things mostly. It sounds like my sort of read! Brilliant review, Carly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)