Friday 17 August 2012

On The Cover #23


 On The Cover is a feature I am going to do every(ish) Friday, Where I pick one book cover that sticks out, is really interesting or just beautiful. I think the cover of a book is very important, it's the first thing a person sees and some of the time it's the reason why a person will pick a book up and read the back. I will just pick a book that catches my eye from throughout the week.

 So come on Book Cover Lovers, share with me your favourite book covers.

My Pick This Week:

I don't usually do this but the two covers are so totally different I had to share both. I like the UK one but I LOVE the US one! Which do you prefer?  *UK cover is at the end* 

Crewel (Crewel World #1) 
 

  Summary

Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.


Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)




Paperback, 360 pages
Expected publication: October 4th 2012 by Faber & Faber 
  
 Have you seen any beautiful covers on your travels this week? 

5 comments:

  1. I like them both but the US cover is my favourite - it looks really mysterious and I would definitely pick up the book based on that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of these but the pink one is just gorgeous! Plus the girl on the UK version is the same girl on the UK version of Speechless by Hannah Harrington

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely prefer the US cover. Really love the colouring of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The UK os boring compared to the U.S cover. I love the colors and swirls are lovely! I am hearing great things about it as well! Have a great weekend Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has a stunning cover! But I agree with Heidi, I prefer the US one. The girl has lovely eyes but she looks bored and ... I don't know. I don't like it. :c

    Great feature Carly!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)