Saturday 21 July 2012

Time For Tea Polly Wally by Kali Stileman



My Review

A little while ago we got a book called Peely Wally out of the library, which we loved, so when we got the next book Polly Wally we were super excited to start it! We were not disappointed, the bright, bold, colourful and fun illustrations are a real treat. The simplistic storyline if perfect for little ones, there are parts of it that are repeated quite a few times throughout the book, which I think is brilliant for little ones who like to try and read the book back to parents from their memory (like my daughter). So the bits that are repetitive are so easy for her to remember. Polly Wally is a real winner and has easily made it onto my daughters favourites shelf.

Little Polly Wally is a baby bird with a big rumbley in her tummy! She goes in search of something to eat for her tea. She sees lots of different animals who offer her some of their favourite things to eat, which are yuck! What is poor little Polly Wally to do? She really is ever so hungry!

The ending will put a huge smile on your face. This book is a super-cute read that works out well for everyone in the end. On every page there are tiny little bugs which are fun to go back and let your kids find and discover on their own. I can highly recommend Polly Wally!

4/5 Stars

*Special thanks to Red Fox for the review copy*

Carly :)

Amazon UK

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant review, Carly! This sounds very cute and that cover is just fantastic. I'm glad your daughter enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the cover. My daughter will be turning four in September and I am on the lookout for books for her birthday. This looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a big thanks from me for your lovely review too, best wishes Kali (Stileman)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)