Friday 20 July 2012

On The Cover #20


On The Cover is a feature I am going to do every(ish) Friday, Where I pick one book cover that sticks out, is really interesting or just plain beautiful. I think the cover of a book is very important, it's the first thing a person sees, and some of the time it's the reason why a person will pick a book up and read the back. I will just pick a book that catches my eye from throughout the week.


 So come on Book Cover Lovers, share with me your favourite book covers.

My Pick This Week:





Curtains up on a deliciously dark new YA trilogy from the creators of Lauren Kate’s Fallen.

Vanessa Adler isn’t so sure she really belongs at the School of American Ballet. But dance runs in her family. It’s been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. Her grandmother and mother were prima ballerinas, and her older sister Margaret was, too. That is, until Margaret mysteriously disappeared from school three years ago. Vanessa is heir to the family’s gift and the only person who can fulfill her sister’s destiny. She has no choice.

But she never could have guessed how dangerous the school is. The infamous choreographer, Josef, isn’t just ruthless with his pupils, he guards a sinister secret, one in which the school’s dancers—prized for their beauty, grace, and discipline—become pawns in a world of dark, deadly demons.

304 pages

Expected publication: December 24th 2012 by Bloomsbury/Walker Books for Young Readers 

Have you seen any beautiful covers on your travels this week? 
 

6 comments:

  1. That cover is flipping gorgeous! I wanted it before I even read the blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That definitely is a cover that stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic cover! And the blurb sounds really good. Thanks for sharing this book(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cover! Definitly unique and the blurb sounds interesting as well. .fingers crossed it will be a good one! Have a great weekend, Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this cover! I love the sound of the book too! I will definitely have to keep an eye on this. Thanks for sharing, Carly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)