Friday 6 April 2012

Creepover - Truth or Dare by P J Night




Summary

During a round of Truth or Dare, Abby Miller confesses her crush on Jake Chilson. The only people who know her secret are her friends at the sleepover--and whoever sent her a text message in the middle of the night warning her to stay away from Jake...or else!
But Abby isn't going to stay away from Jake, especially not after he asks her to the school dance.

As the night of the dance comes closer, some very creepy things start happening to Abby. Someone definitely wants to keep her away from Jake. Is it a jealous classmate or, as Abby begins to suspect, could it be a ghost?



Paperback, 142 pages
Published April 5th 2012 by Atom

My Review

You're invited to a creepover and what a chillfest  it was. I loved this book, I'm not the intended audience but that didn't matter at all. What an all round fun, girly read. If you are a fan of the old Goosebumps series, like me, then you will probably enjoy this.

Abby Miller and her friends have a sleepover at Abby's house. In a game of truth or dare Abby admits to having a crush on a guy called Jake. From then on in very creepy things start to happen to Abby. One text message to Abby's phone warns her to stay away from Jake.

When Jake asks Abby to the school dance the weird happenings turn up a notch. Abby needs to be careful, could it really be some jealous class mate, who fancies Jake. Or is something more sinister at work, like a ghost as Abby suspects.

The ending was great, I really wasn't expecting it to play out the way it did. Truth or Dare has a great plot, fun characters and had the right amount of creepiness to have you hooked to the pages. I would of liked a little bit more info on the characters ages and the setting of the book though.

I cannot wait to read whats in store for future books from P J Night, like the chillfest continue. I dare you to pick up Truth or Dare today.

Add it on Goodreads

4/5 Stars

*Special thanks to Atom books for the review copy*

Carly :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful review, Carly. I'm probably not the intended audience for this story either but it's good to hear that that doesn't matter. It sounds like a fun read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am definitley not the intended audience but this one sounds like so much! I totally want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)