Saturday 26 July 2014

On the Cover #50


On The Cover is a feature I am going to doing every now and again. I will pick one book cover that sticks out, is really interesting or just beautiful - I particularly like a book cover that has a stunning landscape.
 
I think the cover of a book is very important, it's the first thing a person sees and some of the time it's the reason why a person will pick a book up and read the back. I will just pick a book that catches my eye from throughout the week.
 
So come on Book Cover Lovers, share with me your favourite book covers.

My Pick This Week:

Shiver the Whole Night Through by Darragh McManus



Summary from Amazon UK

After months of bullying and romantic heartbreak, seventeen-year-old Aidan Flood feels just about ready to end it all. But when he wakes up one morning to find that local beauty and town sweetheart Slaine McAuley actually has, he discovers a new sense of purpose, and becomes determined to find out what happened to her. The town is happy to put it down to suicide, but then one night Aidan gets a message, scratched in ice on his bedroom window: 'I didn't kill myself.' Who is contacting him? And if Slaine didn't end her own life ...who did?

Paperback: 208 pages 
Publisher: Hot Key Books (6 Nov 2014)

My Thoughts

OMG! This cover is sooo freakin' awesome! It's screams chilling, sinister, menace  and the yellow against the black is ever so striking. Would I buy this book based on it's cover? Hell yes! On a serious note though...read that summary - I need this book in my life!

Have you seen any beautiful covers on your travels this week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)