Monday 12 May 2014

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett

Summary from Goodreads

Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...

...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.

When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.


Paperback, 336 pages
Published July 5th 2013 by Mira Ink (first published June 25th 2013) 


My Review
 
I adored Confessions of an Angry Girl when I read it last year, so I was super excited about this second book. While I didn't enjoy it as much as the first, I still think it was a fantastic instalment!
After the big explosive shockers in the last book, Rose Zarelli has transformed herself into a new and improved version of herself. She won't care about the cool crowd, be walked all over and will definitely not let Jaime Forta break her heart....again!

Rose has a lot to deal with in this book - from school and home drama to sibling and love drama - she has her hands full. She always tries to do the right thing, which is what I really like about her, but she always ends up shooting herself in the foot and ends up looking like the bad guy. She is finding her feet and trying to work out who she wants to be as a person...which is a difficult task.

I really like how Rozett captures typical teen bitchy drama so well. She also handles some tough topics throughout this storyline - bullying and sexuality, which were tackled with great care and attention to detail.

Rose and Jaime's rough and very rocky love life is frustrating - I wanted to shake Jaime, who should of took more notice of Rose. Even though he's Jaime Forta and totally swoon worthy - I still wished he would of treated Rose better and I was annoyed at Rose for letting him away with it.

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend is a whirlwind ride of emotions. It handles some tough topics with ease and makes for some interesting reading. The ending put a smile on my face and has left me wondering if there could possibly be a book 3....

3 / 5 Stars

*Special thanks to Mira Ink for the review copy*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)