Monday 3 February 2014

The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow

Summary from Goodreads

Three sisters with Big secrets.
Get ready to meet...SAVANNAH COURTNEY PEYTON

The Diamond sisters never knew their father and never could catch a break. But their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-lost dad – a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come and live in a gorgeous penthouse suite.

Suddenly they have access to all that their dad’s money can provide, meaning it should be easier than ever to fit right in. But in a town full of secrets and illusions, fitting in is nothing compared with finding out the truth about their past…


Expected publication: March 7th 2014 by Mira Ink  



My Review

Oooh, this is a super glitzy and glamorous read full of the most fantastic trio of characters!

Michelle Madow is a wonderful writer, her lush descriptors of Vegas transported me to the bright lights, sounds and bustle of the strip. I couldn't of been happier loosing myself to the delights that I found there. I loved the air of mystery that surrounded the overall storyline and I was just dying to uncover the buried truths (to be fair I would of liked a little more explanations, so I'm hoping for more on that in book 2).

I LOVED that this book came from 4 point of views: The three Diamond sisters, Peyton, Courtney and Savannah, and also a bit of a Vegas super bitch, Madison. Each sister totally rocked individually, I'll tell you a bit about them:

Peyton: is my favourite, I loved her bitchy antics and her serious attitude. But I also loved finding out that she is mostly all front and is actually a very vulnerable person.

Savannah: Aw,, she is just such a sweetie. The youngest of the three, who really just makes mistakes trying to find herself. She wants to be all grown up, but really she is quite naive and sheltered. 

Courtney: She is the backward, nerdy middle sister. She prefers to be curled up with a book then out partying (my kinda gal). But she has a really sensible head on her shoulders and I liked her a whole lot.

Madison: She already lives in Vegas and is super popular, but she is also a bit of a bitch who tries to make things difficult for the sisters. I actually felt really sorry for Madison and could see that she is really just a sad and very bitter girl.

The Diamond sisters live with their mum, who is a drunk and the girls have grown up not having much. Their mum takes a turn for the worst and the girls' grandmother is forced to step in and call their long lost father - who the girls don't even remember.

Not knowing what to expect, the sisters step on a plane and to Vegas. They soon find out that their father is only, Adrian Diamond - a billionaire hotel owner!! The girls are thrust into the limelight, where money is endless and anything seems possible.

There are a lot of dark secrets lurking around in the girls' pasts and daddy dearest seems to know more than he's letting on....

I adored the bitchiness that is packed into every page and also the relationships that are formed and also shattered. The sisters have a beautiful bond that is really lovely to read - everything else is hot, raging and super duper exciting.

The Secret Diamond Sisters is a book to seriously get excited about. I sat in awe at the blow by blow accounts that unfolded on each and every page. When I finished and closed the book I instantly wanted another Diamond sister fix! Bring on book 2 already!!

4.5 / 5 Stars!

*Special thanks to Mira Ink to the review copy* 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)