Wednesday 29 January 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #56


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
The Bodies We Wear by Jeyn Roberts
 

 Summary from Goodreads

People say when you take Heam, your body momentarily dies and you catch a glimpse of heaven. Faye was only eleven when dealers forced Heam on her and her best friend, Christian. But Faye didn’t glimpse heaven—she saw hell. And Christian died.

Now Faye spends her days hiding her secret from the kids at school, and her nights training to take revenge on the men who destroyed her life and murdered her best friend. But life never goes according to plan. When a mysterious young man named Chael appears, Faye’s life suddenly gets a lot more complicated. Love and death. Will Faye overcome her desires or will revenge consume her?


Why this book?

I am a huge fan of Jeyn Roberts writing. The Dark Inside and The Rage Within are both on my most favourite shelf. She writes dark, thrilling, compelling, action packed stuff and also pushes her character to the max. I'm always intrigued with a story about what happens when you die for a moment...anything could happen. I just can't wait for this!
 
Hardcover: 352 pages 
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers (23 Sep 2014)
 
 What are you 'waiting on'?  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, really dark. I like the afterlife theme, although I think this might be a bit intense for me. Thanks for sharing, though!

    Come visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of this one before but it does sound very interesting, plus I love that cover. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything of Roberts' before, but I really like the sound of this book. Love the cover! Great pick, Carly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one yet. Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)