Friday 30 August 2013

Bites by Ninfa Hayes - Guest Post

 
Last of the Blood 

When the sweet scent reaches me I know I have found what I'm looking for.

My hands reach out in the darkness to the unaware girl.
She's warm and soft and doesn't even get to scream before I'm drinking deeply from her, her struggles too feeble to bother me.

Only the blood counts.

I've never tasted anything like it. Gloriously sweet, thick and strong and full of life.

I drink until the hunger subsides, until the body that I hold so close to me hangs lifelessly in my arms. Only then I see. Only then I recognize it, and the agony … oh, the agony is more than I can bear.

Demonica 
 
Tonight is the Midwinter Solstice Ball, the most important night in the Daemonic Court's calendar.
This is the night when new disciples are chosen, when demons come out to play, and all bets are off.
As it happens, tonight is also the night I become Queen.

Irina is about to become Queen of the Daemonic Court and Damon is on the run from his own nature …where will their paths take them?

Two short stories that will seduce you with romance, danger, sensuality … and Vampire bites. 

Links:

Goodreads 

Facebook

Twitter

Amazon UK

Amazon US

“Bites” and “Nannies, Inc” are available now from all major book online retailers, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Waterstones, and Smashwords.

Author Bio
 
Ninfa lives in Manchester, UK with husband Gareth, daughter Cassandra and two gorgeous kitties, Jemima and Shelley.

Originally from Italy, she's half Spanish, half Italian and British by choice and marriage.

She loves books and is a total bookaholic! Reading and writing have always been a big part of her life and for this she thanks both her parents for passing down the literary gene and the passion for a good story.

Ninfa is big on Networking and co-runs an array of Facebook pages and blogs about books and all things supernatural. She also reviews books for the Facebook “Bookaholics Book Club” on a regular basis.
In this spirit, she's also training her daughter in these dark arts and plans on making her a huge geek, whether she likes it or not!

If you'd like to find out more about Ninfa and her stories, you can check out her Facebook author page, Ninfa Hayes.

“Of slow writing and fast dreaming”
by Ninfa Hayes

I have speed envy. There, I said it. I look at fellow authors, writing away 2 or 3 books per year and I sigh, knowing I barely have time to sit and explore my stories on the laptop, knowing I will never catch up to those stories because for one page I write there are another 100 that pile up in my head. Is that the same for everyone who writes?

It's a strange business that of a writer. Forever trying to catch up with your own mind, knowing you never will, and revelling in the craziness of it all.

I love writing, I wish that's all I did at times. There's so many places waiting to be explored in my mind, so many people to meet, new adventures to start...I'm a sucker for details, and I guess that's one of the reasons I just can't write very fast. I need to know in my head how everything looks and feels, before I can commit it to page. I like to let things stew and I like to see them grow and take flight.

I have been writing “Divine” with my partner in crime Misty for about 2 years now, on and off. It amazes me that what started as a short story now has over 50,000 words to its credit, and more that come every day, but what thrills me the most is how alive some of the characters feel in my head, and how their world keeps reshaping itself into something bigger and more defined.

That's why I write. Sometimes it's better than chocolate and cake and tea and fresh ground coffee.

Sometimes it hurts like an open wound stuffed with salt.

I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world!

So, much like the proverbial tortoise, slowly, slowly I go, enjoying the ride and learning on the way....perhaps one day I'll be a hare, in the meantime I'll settle to just get to the final line, one step at a time...one step at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)