Thursday 25 July 2013

Love and Relativity by Rachael Wade


Summary from Goodreads

New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance

Love, life, and happily ever after? It’s all relative.

Marine biology student Emma Pierce lives in paradise—geographically speaking, anyway. Stranded on Sanibel Island, Florida, she works at a nursing home by day and spends her nights dodging the island's infamous bad boy, Jackson Taylor, at her favorite karaoke bar. Trying to heal from the loss of her sister and a failed relationship she rerouted her life for, she's ready to graduate and finally leave Florida behind.

When a run-in with Jackson and his rowdy crew goes sour at the bar one night, sparks fly and irreversible damage is done. It’s no secret that Jackson loves to get underneath her skin, but this time he's gone too far. Now all he wants is to earn her forgiveness before she's gone for good, but their ideas of closure—and the future—are enough to keep them worlds apart.

This is a stand-alone title but coordinates with The Preservation Series:

Preservation (Book One, Available Now)
Reservation (Book Two, Coming March 6, 2013)
Declaration (Book Three,TBA)



Paperback, 338 pages
Published December 12th 2012 by Rabbit Hole Press (first published December 2nd 2012)
 
My Review
 
Rachael Wade rocks by bookish world! Love and Relativity is yet again another awesome book that I loved from start to finish!
 
The storyline is a fairly simple one but Rachael pushes the emotion into every page and I truly felt everything. She also has this fantastic ability to bring a character to life so beautifully that you will either fall for them hard or want them as a friend.
 
Jackson Taylor, hand on heart, would totally be my downfall! He would fit into my ideal guy category. He has this rough and ready thing going on but with a soft gooey center of scrummyness *hands up* down fall! If you crack his hard shell, he has this whole other deep and sweet side which will easily charm your pants off LOL - okay enough gushing over Mr Taylor!
 
Main character Emma Pierce is a really cool, down-to-earth character that I adored getting to know. She has a bit of an emotional past, with the death of her sister and a failed relationship, and she is still trying to heal. But she has a hidden secret that she still beats herself up about!
 
Emma avoids bad boy Jackson, even though they have a super fun love/hate relationship. I actually loved watching the pair doing their love/hate dance, their chemistry is electric! But can the pair ever be together when so much stands in their way?
 
I LOVED the ending! I mean, wow, it was better that perfect! I'll admit a little tear *sobs happy tears*
 
Love and Relativity is a truly beautiful book about love, loss and moving on. It's written superbly by Rachael Wade and managed to make me laugh, cry, get angry and everything in between.
 
I can never do Rachael's books justice in a review, all I can really say is go pick it up for yourself, you'll love it!!
 
A BIG 5 Stars!!

This is a song that reminds me of the book:




4 comments:

  1. Carly, your reviews always blow me away. Thank you so, so much. And it's so funny you chose this song for your post because I literally just heard it on the radio the other day and was thinking how much I liked it. Now when I listen to it, I think of Jack and think of it in a totally different light. :)

    Thanks so much for reading. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Rach! Not a problem, your books always manage to blow me away! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Hey girl! I haven't been over in so long. Where have you been? I miss you! This sounds like a perfect sweet summer romance. I need one of those I am growing tired of all these overly dramatic heart wrenching books right now! Okay I love that you still have my Wicked button up but I think you need to change it out to the new ones that I just put up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi, I know, it's been way too long! I have been sooo busy, I'm hardly getting any reading squeezed into my hectic day and it's a push to get blog posts out. LOL I will update that banner ASAP! I hope everything is good with you? :) x

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)