Saturday 6 April 2013

Leave Me Alone by Kes Gray & Lee Wildish


My Review

Well WOW, this is such a powerful little book with a super strong positive message!

Bullying is such a sad but unfortunately very common thing in today's society, but this book handles overcoming a bully wonderfully. It is lightly handled and is told beautifully and with great sensitivity!

My daughter loved this story, although she was a little sad for the poor little boy! I'm pleased to say she was delighted when his friends stood up for him and with one loud voice they overcame the bully. And the little boy didn't have to be lonely and afraid anymore.

I simply adored the rhyming quality, I think it really added to this super story!

The illustrations are brilliant and complement the story perfectly! We especially loved it when the big, dark, scary bully overshadowed the bright sky!

This is an absolute MUST read book for children everywhere - I really can't recommend it enough!

A BIG 5 Stars!

*Special thanks to Hodder for the review copy*

Carly :)

Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Aw, the cover is so sweet and the story sounds lovely. I think I'd feel the same way your daughter with, poor main character!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)