Wednesday 9 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #37


 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


 Summary 
 
or Lily and her twin sister Mel there is only the Farm . . .

It's a prison, a blood bank, a death camp - where fear and paranoia rule. But it's also home, of sorts. Because beyond the electric fence awaits a fate much, much worse.

But Lily has a plan.

She and Mel are going to escape - into the ravaged land outside, a place of freedom and chaos and horrors. Except Lily hasn't reckoned on two things: first, her sister's ability to control the horrors; and, secondly, on those out there who desperately want to find and control Mel.

Mel's growing power might save the world, or utterly end it. But only Lily can protect Mel from what is to come . . .

The Farm takes you into a terrifying future where civilization has ended, and leaves you there - fearful, gasping and begging to escape.

 
Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: February 14th 2013 by Penguin (first published December 4th 2012)
 
What's your "waiting on" pick this week? 
 

11 comments:

  1. I've been reading good reviews of this lately, it sounds v.creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Farm sounds creepy and thrilling so I really cannot wait to check this out! :)

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been noticing this one, and it does look awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just won a copy of this, I'm so excited to get my hands on this. Sounds fantastic! Great pick. :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete

  5. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis sounds so dark and gritty. I don't think I am up for dark and gritty right now but it is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks incredible. Dark, but good. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting. I'd love to give it a try when it comes out. I hope you enjoy reading it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read this one too. I'm a huge fan of the whole vampire apocalypse thing. :) I hope it doesn't disappoint! I'm a new GFC follower. :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)