Saturday 12 January 2013

Eric! by Chris Wormell


My Review

I really don't think I can possibly put into words how much I love this book! My daughter loves it too, but it is one of my personal favourites. I think the story has a great lesson for both adults and children alike. The story is of a little boy (who is adorable) called, Eric, who all his life has been called names and put down. Feeling pretty down in the dumps he wanders off, only to be put in the face of danger, because he thinks he actually is all those mean things people called him. But things have a funny little way of working themselves out and Eric not only becomes an unlikely hero, he makes an unlikely friend.

This really is a charming little tale that is beautifully written, witty and wonderfully thought out. I think the illustrations are magical and capture the story perfectly. Best of all, this book will cause children and parents to think about how they treat others and how much name calling can hurt people.

This is a book that I will bang on about to anyone who will listen because I really do think it is an awesome picture book!

*Special thanks to Random House for the review copy*

A BIG 5 Stars!

Carly :)

Amazon Goodreads

Hardcover: 32 pages 
Publisher: Jonathan Cape (5 Jan 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)