Thursday 20 December 2012

Married by Christmas by Scarlett Bailey


Summary from Goodreads


All she wants is a perfect Christmas Eve wedding...


It's been on Anna's wish-list since she was a little girl, dreaming of a far happier family life than she'd ever experienced.

But now - only two weeks before her big day - her perfect husband-to-be drops a bombshell...

Only nothing's going to stop Anna's plans - not even the pesky inconvenience of discovering her groom already has a wife!

Paperback, 400 pages
Published October 25th 2012 by Ebury
 
My Review
 
I was going to say that Married by Christmas is the best Christmas book I have had the pleasure of reading this year, but it's more than that, I think it's one of the best books I have read this year! The only reason I didn't give it the big 5 stars is because the whole book was a little bit on the predictable side and I knew what was going to happen from the off. Saying that I still loved watching the way everything panned out and Scarlett Bailey's wonderful writing had me fully engaged even though I had an inkling what was going to happen. The characters are fantastic and I connected with them quite early on. I enjoyed watching the way the 2 leading ladies see each other, they think they don't match up to one another when it's not like that at all, they are just different. The storyline is full of fun, laughter, highs and lows. I connected with main character Anna instantly and like I've never connected with a character before, mainly because I have some of the same OCD issues and I could totally relate to her.
 
Anna has dreamt and planned for a big Christmas wedding since she was a little girl. She made all sorts of plans with her mother as a child just before she ran away and left her all alone on Christmas. But now years later she is actually getting married and she wants everything to be perfect, maybe it will take the sting out of the unhappy memories surrounding Christmas time. Anna is a complete control freak and she makes lists for everything, she even makes lists for the lists, so you can imagine her horror when her husband to be drops a bombshell - he is already married!!!

Can Anna still have the wedding of her dreams??

Well, lets just say they are more than a few bumps along the road, some of them pleasant and some of them darn right funny! I loved Anna's journey and the way she changed for the better throughout the book! The ending was amazing and I really couldn't of been happier for everyone involved!

Married by Christmas is the ultimate Christmas read and I will 100% be pulling it back off the shelf again this time next year, I highly recommend you do too!

4.5/5 Stars!
 
*Special thanks to Ebury for the review copy*

Carly :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow that is saying a lot to call this one of the best book you read all year. I still haven't read a Christmas book I am starting one today, though. I love the cover of this one. A Christmas wedding, romance just sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)