Saturday 29 December 2012

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


Summary from Goodreads

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate always dreamed of leaving the stifling Southern town of Gatlin.

But he never dreamt that finding love with Lena Duchannes would drive him away. Lena is a Caster girl whose supernatural powers unveiled a secretive and cursed side of Gatlin, so powerful it forced him to make a terrible sacrifice.

Now Ethan must find a way to return to Lena - and Gatlin - as she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it means trusting old enemies or risking their loved ones' lives.

Can Ethan and Lena rewrite their fate and their spellbinding love story in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series?


Paperback, UK, 451 pages
Published October 26th 2012 by Razorbill (Penguin) (first published October 23rd 2012) 
 
My Review

This is my all time favourite series so this is a very bitter-sweet review for me to write because the book was excellent but I am so sad to see the series come to an end!Oh, how I am going to miss this beautifully crafted world and the wonderful characters! This is yet again another stunning instalment from these two very talented authors who's writing is as always engaging and on point! The storyline has a little bit of everything - action, mystery, highs, lows, sad times, happy times and epic times! There is never a dull moment and you will find it very hard to put it down. I adore Lena and Ehtan's beautiful love story but I still think one of my favourite things about the series is the fantastic Amma and the kooky sisters! The only thing that I really missed was Lena and Ethan being together and their kelting!

After the tragic events in the previous book Ethan and Lena are no longer at each others side, which lets face it is where they both belong!  Lena will do everything and anything in her power  to get Ethan back even if it means throwing herself and others into harms way, she will also put her trust in an old enemy who she hopes is telling the truth!

Meanwhile, Ethan is trying to make contact with Lena and find a way to return to her. But it isn't an easy task, so he must set out on a journey to seek out something that he hopes will return him to where he's supposed to be. Everyone is so determined, but will they succeed on their dangerous missions??

Well, the ending is absolutely fabulous and I couldn't of been happier with how things panned out. Although we do loose a very epic character which was very emotional and hit me quite hard *sniff*. I will go back and read this series again and again as it really is that spellbinding. I will also bang on about it to anyone who will listen because I think everyone needs to give them a go. With the Beautiful Creatures film soon to be released it kinda makes me want to beg everyone to go read the books first. So, what ya all waiting for??

4.5/5 Stars

*Special thanks to Razorbill for the review copy*

Carly :)


  Trailer:


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic review, Carly!! I was so shocked by the ending, I really didn't see *that* coming, but I should have!

    It is sad for this series to be over but it ended so well, so I'm happy about that :)

    p.s you've been added to our blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks s much, Mandee! No, I didn't see it coming either but I totally should have *sniff* lol!

      Thanks for adding me! :)

      Delete

Talk to me lovely people! :)