Thursday 2 August 2012

Be Careful What You Wish For by Gladys Quintal‏



Summary

Alexi is a Vampire trying to live a human existence, he even has a human wife. The Vampire secret is paramount and cohabiting with humans - unless you intend to turn them, just isn't done. Can Alexi protect his beloved Cassandra from the would-be enforcers of this law or will he lose her forever?


Paperback, First, 148 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Createspace (first published January 24th 2012) 
Add it on 
My Review

Be Careful What You Wish For is book 2 in the Dream series and it is definitely as good as the first. I quickly got engaged and wrapped up in the whole story again and as always the end came all too quickly. I love Gladys' writing style, it kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I think the author has taken the story to a whole new level in this instalment and I am excited to see where it will take us in the next book. The characters have developed nicely and I think I have a better feel for everyone now. But Gladys Quintal has left such a cliffhanger at the end, it really will have you begging for the next book 'The Chosen One.'

Alexi is coming to terms and getting to grips with living with his new human family. Cassandra is one of the few humans to know about the existence of vamps, as it is a secret unless you have plans to turn the human, which Alexi has no plans of doing. But things become dangerous for Cassie, from the enforcers of these laws who hasn't just set his sights on her but her best-friend and half-breed son! Can Alexi protect everyone from this seriously dangerous vamp?

Well I can't give anything away and as I have said there is a major cliffhanger at the end! I absolutely cannot wait to start on the next book right away, thank goodness Gladys was kind enough to send it to me. I think fans of the paranormal romance genre will enjoy this new twist on a vampire story. This is definitely not for younger readers though!

*Special thanks to Gladys for the review copy*

4/5 Stars

Carly :) 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic review! I'm glad to hear this is a good sequel! I haven't read the first book yet but I clearly need to get on to this series one day. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Carly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, I hadn't heard of this before...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)