Tuesday 3 April 2012

Sarah's Solace by Wendy Risher


Summary


While wandering through the woods after a car accident, 16-year-old Sarah meets Ethan, a beautiful and mysterious guy who offers to help her. While brought together by their fateful circumstances, Sarah discovers the devastating truth that Ethan is not who he appears to be. They then must choose between their existence together and their destinies, hoping that a love two souls share will never die.


Paperback, 372 pages
Published November 18th 2011 by CreateSpace (first published October 8th 2011) 

My Review

I loved Sarah's Solace, with it's unique storyline and believable characters. The book is really engaging and it reads really well, although it can be a little fast paced then slow paced at times. But overall a truly fantastic read that I will definitely go back and read again and again.

Sarah is a regular teenager, who is still getting over the loss of her sister Alexis, that dies in a car accident. While at a party one night with her best friend Monica, Sarah overhears some guys saying some mean things about her sister. She storms off and gets in her car, only to have a car accident.

When Sarah comes to, in the woods, she starts wandering around looking for some help. She stumbles upon a guy called Ethan, who brings her back to his cabin. The pair have an instant connection, but soon Sarah discovers that he is infact dead, a ghost roaming the earth. But why can she see him? Sarah makes a shocking revelation that shakes her to her core. What will become of the pair of lovers, that have become so close?

Well it would be too easy for me to give away the whole story, so I won't say any more. But I enjoyed the second book in Sarah's Solace far more than the first book and don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the first book. The ending was spectacular, I was completely made up for everyone involved. I am dying to read more about the fabulous characters that I grew to love so much in Sarah's Solace.

This book for me had nearly everything you could ask for in a book. Great writing style, in-depth / likeable characters, amazing storyline that had twists, turns and danger luring throughout. And most of all a great love story that was truly beautiful and believable. Add Sarah's Solace to your Goodreads shelf today.

My favourite characters:

Priscilla - She is a real worldly lady, quirky, down-to-earth, likeable and she is a great friend that has a knowing manner and she also gives good advice. I would really love to read more about, Priscilla.

Ethan - He is such a sweetie, I fell in love with his caring, protective nature. He is smart and seems older than his years. I loved reading about his relationship with Sarah.

*Special thanks to Wendy Risher for the review copy*

4/5 Stars

Carly :)
 

3 comments:

  1. A ghost story..fun...I love a good ghost story. Now I am wondering if Sara is really dead as well. Sounds like a supenseful read. Thanks for sharing Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant review! I have seen this book around before and it definitely sound like something I might enjoy. Despite the slight pacing issues, the book sounds really promising. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy came in the mail today and I can not wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)