Wednesday 1 February 2012

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi


WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding  

  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Atom (7 Feb 2012)
My Review

I loved Under The Never Sky, I really won't be able to praise it enough. It was beautifully written and read like a dream. The storyline is so intriguing, I was glued to the pages from start to finish. The main characters are very interesting and are both very different. A big thank-you to Atom Books for sending me a review copy of this fantastic book.

The story follows main character Aria, who lives with her mum in the safety of the protected domes in Reverie. The domes are very small and hold alot of people, everyone has a smarteye that allows them to enter different realms, to do whatever they like. Aria's mum is a scientist and her work is top secret, she is currently working away in another dome called Bliss. Aria starts to worry when the connection with her mother in Bliss goes down.

Aria and some friends get into some trouble messing around with fire in in one of the sectors of the dome. She is rescued by an outsider, a savage, who has somehow managed to find his way into the dome. Aria recorded everything that happened on her smarteye, which the outsider took with him when he fled.

Aria is dropped off on the outside, in the middle of the wastelands, because she knows too much. Aria knows she needs to find her mother. She meets the same outsider who rescued her, his name is Perry, he is also searching for someone, his nephew (Talon).  He takes her along with him because she might have information on how he can get his nephew back. The pair are disgusted by each other at first. Aria likes to chat alot and Perry is the strong silent type. They head off together on their mission, hoping to find the two people they are desperately searching for.

They meet lots of trouble on the way and are always in dangers path. We meet lots of interesting characters throughout the book and Aria makes some shocking revelations. Can Aria find her mother? Will Perry ever get Talon back? Well you will have to read it and find out, I don't want to spoil anything.

I just loved the ending and it has set everything up brilliantly for any future books. I am dying to read more from this wonderful world Veronica Rossi has created.

The chemistry between Aria and Perry was electric. Will they won't they the whole way through. The future technology is also so interesting to read about.

My favourite character has to be:

Perry- Of course, he is strong, fearless, wild, rough and ready and mysterious, all plus factors for me. I especially loved when he started looking at Aria as a young woman instead of just a dweller.

Under The Never Sky was a fast paced, gripping, realistic, futuristic read that I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish. I will definitely be keeping my eye out for more from Veronica Rossi. Put Under The Never Sky on your wishlist today, I promise you won't be disappointed.

A five star read

Carly :)

5 comments:

  1. wonderful review..i love fast paced gripping novels..this is on my wishlist..hoping my hubby gives me a B&N card for V-day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book! Perry is my favorite character too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one! I've heard mixed reviews for it but I can't wait to recieve my copy in the mail! The characters and writing sound great and I love dystopians :) Great review!!! I hope the mailman brings it in soon because your review has me even more anxious to read it!!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by guys. For those of you that haven't read it I hope you get it when it comes out on the 7th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)