Monday 30 January 2012

Interview with Felicia Rogers

Author Bio

Felicia Rogers, born and raised in the southern part of the United States, is a Christian wife and mother. She is just your average, ordinary woman, with a side interest-- writing. For eleven years, every waking moment of her life was consumed with changing diapers, wiping noses, and kissing scrapes. But now that her children have grown and she enjoys a modicum of freedom, in addition to taking care of hearth and home, she writes! She enjoys adding a flavor of realism and humor to her all too real romance stories. For what is love without a little laughter?





 From Amazon:

Abandoned by his wife and left to raise a child alone, Caleb Reed falls short of the ideal work-from-home dad. He needs a woman to help him, in every sense of the word. At the suggestion of a friend, Caleb agrees to hire Ariel Lauren on a trial basis.

As an orphan, Ariel has more issues than just how to make it on her on. Yes, she needs the money that Caleb offers her, but more than anything she finds she desires his love. One calamity after another befalls her and jeopardizes her new job and her chance at having a family. But through it all, Caleb is by her side, his gruff exterior threatening to melt in the face of their shared attraction. Will they decide to continue life alone or will the magic of Valentine's Day bring them together?




 A teenage girl suffering from a family tragedy, Maddie Clevenger is oblivious to the ancient mystery surrounding her. She's young and incredibly unlucky, in life and in love. She should be enjoying her senior year of high school, but instead she is tormented by a reoccurring nightmare and a very real stalker. But all that changes when Chase Donovan, an Air Force brat with a protective streak, shows up at school. Will Chase be the key to helping her solve her stalker problem? Will he be the key to solving the mystery surrounding her family's past?










Interview

First off a big Hello and welcome to Felicia Rogers who was kind enough to do an interview.

Tell us a little bit about The Key? 

The Key is my first full length novel. It is a YA paranormal suspense infused with romance. Maddie Clevenger has lost everyone that she loves. Chase Donovan has a huge, close family. They both have an unusual family
 history that melds there futures together.

Tell us a little bit about The Perfect Rose? 

The Perfect Rose is the only romance I’ve written without suspense. Originally written for a contest, this story was restricted in word length. When I decided to go with another story, I shelved this one. This story is about a girl who doesn’t know her family, who meets a father and son in need of a caregiver. Over the course of time the father, Caleb, and the woman, Ariel, fall in love. Caleb, having been hurt in the past, finds it hard to give into his feelings at first but Ariel continues to push her way into his heart.

They are both so different, which was your favourite to write? 

They are very different. As far as picking my favorite to write, that’s a hard one. I love writing suspense and mystery and trying to keep the reader guessing until the end, like in the The Key. But I also enjoyed writing about Ariel. She is an orphan, who is never adopted and afraid of love. This reminded me of my grandmother. She was lucky enough to find a wonderful family as a child. But this is not the case with Ariel. I guess you could say I enjoyed writing both but in different ways.

Where do some of your ideas come from?

My ideas come from everywhere! I love to hike so I use woodsy places I’ve been to describe places in The Key. I used my grandmother’s adoption and a friend’s gifted son, for The Perfect Rose. In my novel Love Octagon I use every family experience imaginable.

Tell us a little bit about your writing process? 

I normally write the first story on paper, then type it in to the computer, then re-read it to edit. I do a lot of brainstorming around my table with my husband, or on the phone with my friend, Kim.

Are you working on any writing at the minute?

Yes. I’m working on a story set in South Africa. Since it is suspense I’m afraid I can’t say more.

Out of all your books, who is your favourite character an why?

My favorite character has to be Bruce Malone. He’s a lawyer in The Painted Lady. He’s sensitive, sweet, protective, the ultimate modern day knight.

What authors inspire you?

That would be Francine Rivers and her story of going from secular romance writing to inspirational writing.

 What are your top 5 all-time favourite books?

#1 Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White which was the first novel I ever read.
#2 Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer which I consider the ultimate romance
#3 Any of Lynn Kurland’s historical time travel books
#4 A. D. Chronicle series by Brock and Bodie Thoene
#5 The Russians series by Judith Pella and Michael Phillips

When you are not busy writing, what do you enjoy doing? 

I enjoy reading, hiking, crocheting, and spending time with my family.

Where can people find you? and your works?

People can find my books at all major ebook sellers. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Fictionwise, Astraea Press, and Solstice Publishing


Website: www.feliciarogersauthor.webs.com 
Email: feliciarogersauthor@yahoo.com
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/feliciarogers
Facebook: www.facebook.com/feliciarogersauthor
  
Is there anything else you would like to add to your readers? 

I would like to thank Carly for allowing me to drop by and get to know you. I hope all of you will take the time to search my myriad of works, I’m sure there is something for all of you.

Thanks so much for taking the time out for an interview, Felicia. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)