Friday 23 December 2011

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater


Synopsis

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Paperback, 496 pages
Published July 12th 2011 by Scholastic UK Ltd.
________________________________________________________________
 
This is the final instalment in The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, Maggie Stiefvater's style of writing is so different from everything else I have read, it grabs hold and won't let go. I am quite sad the story has come to an end, I could of went on to read about Sam and Grace's beautiful relationship Forever.

The story starts with Grace shifting back to her human self, alone in a place she doesn't recognise at first. She asks to use a phone in a store and calls Sam to come get her. Sam rushes in the car to get to Grace, but when he does all that's left for him to find is the clothes she stole from somebody's washing line. The weather is not warm enough to hold her in her human form.

Grace continues to shift back and forward over the weeks and every-time Sam just misses her. Cole is working on a cure and testing it out on himself, he nearly dies but Sam and Isabel save his life.

Sam is under the suspicion of the police and Graces parents. When a body of a girl is found in the woods near his house the police bring him in for questioning.

Eventually Grace becomes herself more firmly and finally gets to Sam. She stays in Sam's house and stays as a missing person until she is more firmly in her own body.

Isabel's dad has managed to get the wolves taken off the protected list. An aerial hunt is scheduled, to track and kill all the wolves in the area. It's up to Sam to make a decision. They decide to try to move the wolves to a new location, that was offered up by an unlikely ally.

Meanwhile Grace and her friend Rachel go to Graces Parents to try and get the police off Sam's back.

The ending for me left me wanting so much more. there were definitely some shockers and heart rendering moments.

The characters all really developed and came into their own in this one.

Sam for me, out of everything I have ever read, is the most real character I have ever had the pleasure of reading about. I feel like I could walk into a bookshop and find his yellow eyes staring back at me from behind the counter. He really came into his own and I just love his fragile nature. His and Graces relationship is truly beautiful.

Coal, oh boy, I just love him. He is so interesting, confident, charming and has a good heart. I would of loved to have seen him and Isabel together properly, I think they make a great match.

Grace is such a grown up teenager, she is sensible, down to earth and totally relate-able. She is a beautiful person.

The only thing for me was wanting to know so much more, but I guess that's the beauty of it. Also when Grace went home to her parents, where did she tell them she was all that time? That has been bugging me so much LOL.

Maggie Stiefvater has done a fantastic job on the trilogy as a whole, it has been a pleasure reading each and every instalment. I would love to thank her for sharing sharing with us this amazingly beautiful tale.

4/5 stars

Carly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)